Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI British tunic for sale.

Article about: What a shame this type of thing is so prodominant in the modern age,and i do believe that living in desperate financial times does effect the way certain folk behave,Not all of us im glad to

Default WWI British tunic for sale.

The former owner of this tunic has posted on the Great war forum that he has seen it for sale on Ebay and it even still has his name in it. He bought it as brand new a while back and his wive modified it to look like a WWI period item. Seller has it as an original item, but it has been messed with. Hopefully no one here is bidding on it.

WW1 First World War British 1902 pattern tunic military medal winner | eBay

My Jacket - Uniforms & Cap Badges - Great War Forum
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI British tunic for sale.  WWI British tunic for sale. 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: WWI British tunic for sale.

Well spotted mate!.....

Hopefully it will save someone here from buying it, but probably going to someone who is not a member here.

It has a 1942 WD arrow mark in it, so those bidding on it either don't know what they are doing or just want it as a copy.
    Regards,

Jerry

This is a real pet hate of mine! I cant stand people being dishonest. I contacted the seller asking if this was actually a WW1 jacket and he told me he could guarantee me it is and that it was his great grandfathers? I then messaged him from my second eBay account and he told me he is an avid collector, bought it from a fair and he's selling it to pay bills??? Impressive stories. I hate liars and people who deliberatly deceive people for the sake of a few quid. So i've put a bid on it myself (quite high), with the chances and report it to eBay one won. Just to take it off the market so no one gets ripped off. *slaps wrist*

Looking at his feedback it looks like he's sold fakes before

I notice in the description that he states;

This lot is for a First World War pattern P1902 enlisted mans tunic. It is badged to a veteran sergeant and Military Medal winner.

It is overall good condition with no major damage or moth holes. The epaulettes have small holes (see photo) where larger regimental badge was present. All insignia appear to be original apart from the 11H shoulder titles which I believe are a later pattern. The tunic itself is an 1902 fifth variant (a.k.a 22 pattern) with slight modification to match the first pattern. I don't know the exact date of manufacture as the label has worn but this is a 100% original WD stamped military issue tunic.

so he says it is a 1922 version, so not WWI at all and he only says it is a 100% original WD stamped military issue tunic, not that it is an original WWI issue. It might be hard to claim it was not as described, as he says it is a WWI 1902 PATTERN. These sellers are very clever with how they describe items and it is done very deliberately I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Put this description with his 2 conflicting stories...

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Looking at his feedback it looks like he's sold fakes before
    And his sales are private so you can't see what he has been selling.
    Regards,

Jerry

For those who cannot access the GWF link here is the original owners statement.

Oh dear, my pattern ' 22 ' re-enactment jacket has come up for sale on Ebay, item number 130861994950. I brought this brand new in 1993 for £30. My wife added the pocket pleats and the extra pleat under the collar. You can clearly see my name and 5 ND ( Notts and Derby ) inside. Now it is a Military Medal winner jacket at the moment has reached £200.09. What can I say, someone is going to be dissapointed.
    Regards,

Jerry

I can see them, if you click on the item, then sellers other items, then lick completed listings to the left of the page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast