Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Britsh boots

Article about: I picked these boots up in an auction with some other stuff. I’m a complete novice on these and although they came from a US serviceman they have the British broad arrow mark on them. I did

?

Default WWI Britsh boots

I picked these boots up in an auction with some other stuff. I’m a complete novice on these and although they came from a US serviceman they have the British broad arrow mark on them.

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

I did some searching on the internet and the main thing I discovered was that there isn’t much info available and what there is normally references this link. Little Tanks - The American Field Shoe [Boot]

I did manage to rule US manufacture out, and searched for specifically British boots, again not much available but I did find another example which look to be the same construction. VeteransFootlocker.com*

They are dated inside 1917, with another number which I can’t make it out. The size is 6 over 5 stamped inside and on the sole.

WWI Britsh boots

The heel is fully covered with a plate rather that the horseshoe and stud combination. They have been well worn.

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

WWI Britsh boots

Unfortunately they don’t have the original laces, but I’m really pleased with them.

Default Re: WWI Britsh boots

This is the British B5 boot introduced in late 1916. They occasionally turn up in the US but this is the first time I've seen a pair known to have been worn by an American soldier. A very nice find and HIGHLY collectable.

4 figures in dollars or £'s

?

Thanks, I've grown very attached to these since I got them, they have some real character. I can't believe thta thye are still supple after almost 100 years.

British workmanship at its best!!!