Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group

Article about: Here is an interesting group of medals that I stumbled across a few nights ago during my usual late night web surfing. BTW...I have already secured the group, so if you find it on the web, i

Default Re: WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group

The French CDG is a thin medal, but looks very thick when compared to this DSC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The suspension ring on the medal is soldered closed...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

For Valor...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

CDG Obverse.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

CDG Reverse.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Star.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Victory Medal Clasps. The 26th "Yankee" Div. was entitled to all of these. The ribbon is ragged, but that is fine with me.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

"US" insignia and American Legion pin in bronze. If he were wounded (which he was not), the pin would have been in silver.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I think this may possibly be a French made piece judging by the catch and its position.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Typical examples of French made ribbon bars. They are very thin with the ribbon simply sewn with thread in a diagonal pattern across the back. The catches are also very small bent tabs.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast