Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

Article about: Another one that got away...siiiiigh. A fabulous grouping from a patriot who served on the Mexican Border, WW I, and was a Police officer for 33 years. We brirfly discussed this in another t

Arrow WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

Another one that got away...siiiiigh.

A fabulous grouping from a patriot who served on the Mexican Border, WW I, and was a Police officer for 33 years.
    We brirfly discussed this in another thread about medal bars, but I wanted Sgt. Lomison to have his own... wink.gif

Some career/service highlights:

Purple Heart Medal # 65295 (w/OLC)

Mexican Border Service Medal # 39685

Victory Medal (4 Clasps) Champagne-Marne, Aisne-Marne, Chateau-Thierry (Unofficial) , Oise-Aisne, Defensive Sector

Served with 12th. US Cavalry, Navahoe Indian uprising and Mexican Border Service in 1916

28th. Division, C Company, 109th Infantry

Wounded in action July 30 & September 7, 1918

Sgt. Lomison was very patriotic, and obviously loved to serve. In 1942, he registered for the draft at the age of 50. At the time, he was a police officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-1000-1244753624.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	71642  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

PH & MBS boxes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-1000-1183395521.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	71643  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

VM ribbon bar

Name:	post-1000-1183395631.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	71644  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH ribbon bar...

Name:	post-1000-1183395843.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	71645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-1000-1183395901.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	71646  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-1000-1183395975.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	71647  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Angled view

Name:	post-1000-1183396053.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	71648  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH engraving. The plating on this one is absolutely beautiful.

Name:	post-1000-1183396386.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	71649  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH Number

Name:	post-1000-1183396433.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	71650  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

MBS Number

Name:	post-1000-1183396478.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	71651  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Pennsylvania State Issued MBS Medal Number (inverted on rim)

Name:	post-1000-1183396551.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	71653  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I cannot manipulate this photo as the resolution is lost when I enlarge. I hope to obtain a better photo from the department soon. For now, here is Sgt. Lomison as identified by the arrow. Thanks for looking everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast