Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWI KIA papers

Article about: Was at an estate sale today and picked these up. It pays to be first in line . I also bought a box of old photos and I'm glad I did the soldiers photo was in it. Gary

?

Default WWI KIA papers

Was at an estate sale today and picked these up. It pays to be first in line . I also bought a box of old photos and I'm glad I did the soldiers photo was in it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI KIA papers   WWI KIA papers  

WWI KIA papers   WWI KIA papers  

WWI KIA papers   WWI KIA papers  

?

Have been doing some research on this vet he was born 30 June 1887 and died 27 July 1919.he must have died from his wounds Gary
    Last edited by RH1941; 01-18-2020 at 11:26 AM.

?

Guys I could use a little help finding out more about this gent can anybody find out if he was awarded any medals I want to frame the photo to match the other paper work . and if he had recieved any medals or rank add that to the display . Gary

?

I don't like to add anything to a grouping but the photo needed to be framed . With the help of an other forum member I was able to get the collar brass and patch he would have worn . Hope you guys like it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI KIA papers   WWI KIA papers  

WWI KIA papers  

Default Turburclelousis....

Greetings Gary,

Since you were taking the time to memorialize his service, I took some time to find out what I could. Could not find much, but I believe the answer is he was evacuated from France 13 May 1919 for Tuberculosis. His medical evacuation's ship arrived to the States 24 May 1919 and I would have to assume, he passed a month or so later from this disease or complications arising from it.

The newspaper article is an advert from the Post Office for unclaimed mail (after his passing). Did not view any other documents or articles referencing him. His name is misspelled on the return ship's roster, but it has his correct Army Serial Number, so it is definitely him.

Best Regards,

V/r Lance

Double click images to enlarge them.

First, his Draft Registration Card:

WWI KIA papers

Outbound ship's roster:

WWI KIA papers

Inbound Medical Evacuation Ship's Roster:

WWI KIA papers

Postal Advert for unclaimed mail:

WWI KIA papers
    Last edited by MilitariaOne; 03-03-2020 at 01:31 PM.

MAP
    ?

Lance: Once again, above and beyond!!!

Gary: I missed this incredible fine. Love it. Congrats

(what time did you have to get up to be first in line? 4:00 am? ) I'm not that dedicated
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Lance thank you for taking the time to help add to the history of this soldier. Gary

?

Lance that was a very nice thing you did by posting his photo. It was nice to see when I went looking on the web. Gary