Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WWI medics an ambulance drivers.

Article about: Hi guys. My Great Uncle was an ambulance driver in France in the Great war. I haven't been able to find out anything about him so, maybe you can help me. Does anyone know if a Medic and ambu

Default WWI medics an ambulance drivers.

Hi guys.
    My Great Uncle was an ambulance driver in France in the Great war. I haven't been able to find out anything about him so, maybe you can help me.
    Does anyone know if a Medic and ambulance driver performed the same functions, with the same training or, were they Union members..lol ,just doing their jobs of either driving the ambulance or, just being a medic? Thanks.
    Steve

Default Re: WWI medics an ambulance drivers.

hi Steve,as this was my career,30yrs.I can tell you that he was a driver probably working with a V A D nurse and doctor.and a grand job they all did.

Thank you Harry.

Dont know if this is helpful or not but this may be something like the kind of vehicle your great uncle was driving. This is a postcard in my collection, I find the message on the back particularly poignant. I would imagine ambulance drivers concentrated mainly on driving rather than giving medical aid, unless in extreme circumstances. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI medics an ambulance drivers.   WWI medics an ambulance drivers.  

Thank you for posting that Spitace. I sure do appreciate it.

?

There is a wealth of info available about the Medical Corp in WWI. If you have any specifics about your great uncle and have something to work with, I may be able to help somewhat.
    Regards,
    John

Thank you John. I have recently found out that he was a Cpl. in the 104th ambulance Co., 26th "Yankee" division. His name was George Joseph Brown from Rhode Island.
    Steve