Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

10th Royal Welsh Fusiliers, though they have changed the s to a c so it spells Welch on the notice board. Many of the troops do not have cap badges whilst some on have coloured discs, so very early during the war when 6th SWB was amalgamated with 10th RWF, which is supported by the single SWB cap badge being worn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 02-02-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

21st Division.

Three recent pick ups. The small card was inside the Kiss from France card.
    Regards,

Jerry

A group lot of pc's all said to be from a single photo album, with some obvious familly shots, two brothers in the Welsh, plus one in civvies and in uniform, with more of the same still to work out. Also includes the SWB, the Mons, the Brecknocks.

Also includes a propaganda card for the murder of Edith Cavell. Edith Cavell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Last edited by Jerry B; 02-02-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Some new pick ups, one for the Welsh Horse, KOLI, an unknown perhaps RWF and two life in the trenches series
    Last edited by Jerry B; 02-02-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

There are some great photos here and it’s strange I didn’t see this sticky before as I’m quite interested in old WWI postcards. I have many stashed away in boxes, in fact I could wear out a scanner scanning them all. Here are a few of mine scanned before I gave up scanning them.

I think the tinted one and the photo of Gordon are my favourites.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Very nice Tony, for me the Aussie one is very cool.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Very nice Tony, for me the Aussie one is very cool.
    Ah yes, Australian Flying Corps. On the reverse it says - Cousin Len in England during the war.

Don't you wish it was compulsory to write the full name, number and unit.

The one that did sign the card (Billy Legge) had German parents; CSM Legge died shortly after the war and is buried in Tottenham.

Indeed Tony, if only they wrote a full bio on the reverse of all of them, it would make life so much easier.

Adding a few that I removed to edit with watermarks.

Regards,

Jerry

ASC with bandoleer, two good conduct chevrons, folding brim cap and gloves etc.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast