Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

?

fantastic "over the top" postcard John, I really like this series.

I have this one on its way to me, the Welsh Regiment, with a Pembroke dock photographers mark on the reverse, which I have yet to see as the seller did not show it. Interesting to see some of them with full belt kit and fixed bayonets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This post card was brought back from the Middle-East by my Great Uncle. It looks like a German card, but I can't make out whether the writing is Turkish or German.

WWI period postcards

WWI period postcards

Cheers,Willie.

Picked this one up yesterday for 50p. Royal Marine in summer whites I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Comedic post card for the 5th Bn The Welsh Regiment. Posted to someone in Wales and with handwritten patriotic message on the reverse. From Private Bob Griffiths to another Bob. The sender if stationed in HaverfordWest was quite likely serving with the 5th Bn the Welsh.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Comedic post card for the 5th Bn The Welsh Regiment. Posted to someone in Wales and with handwritten patriotic message on the reverse. From Private Bob Griffiths to another Bob. The sender if stationed in HaverfordWest was quite likely serving with the 5th Bn the Welsh.
    This is a possible candidate for him, that is assuming he died.

CWGC - Casualty Details

There are a few others, but again only if he died, while for those that survived would be many more and this does not prove anything and hopefully he survived to live to a ripe old age.

CWGC - Find War Dead
    Regards,

Jerry

Here is one that almost slipped through the net while I was sifting through a pile in a charity shop.
    "Tell the Huns to shut up for one day" I did some research and found that Pte. Hearn had been wounded, although I don't know much more than that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Hi Spitace,

I presume you have these, if you know he was wounded, but just in case.

Cheers, TomWWI period postcardsWWI period postcards

WWI period postcardsWWI period postcardsHi Jerry,

only two Robert W Griffiths' serving with The Welsh Regt (one you already have seen on CWGC). No other records I can see to help pin point which one of the two he was.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom. Hopefully he was the one that survived the war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast