Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

?

Just found this one in an antique shop. 1 dollar... Not bad for saving some history. Card reads - "This quad is the one that I drive. The big fellow standing up is the fellow that I (chum (?)) with. The one sitting down is our song / sang (?)."No address, no date unfortunately.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Picked up today, another of the comedy types.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Ryan98 View Post
    Just found this one in an antique shop. 1 dollar... Not bad for saving some history. Card reads - "This quad is the one that I drive. The big fellow standing up is the fellow that I (chum (?)) with. The one sitting down is our song / sang (?)."No address, no date unfortunately.
    I think the last says 'Sarg' for Sergeant. Chum sounds right too.

Cheers, Tom

WWI period postcards
    WWI period postcards
    My second favorite post card in my World War One collection my first is a unfolding post card that shows you a bunch of different troops but that would be too many pictures so I went with my second.

Quote by Heavington View Post
    My second favorite post card in my World War One collection my first is a unfolding post card that shows you a bunch of different troops but that would be too many pictures so I went with my second.
    I assume you are aware of:
    Carl J. Berghaus (1890 - 1923) - Find A Grave Memorial

Also, for interest, here's a copy of his draft registration card and 1910 census showing him living with his sister Rose.

Cheers, Tom

WWI period postcardsWWI period postcards

Arrived today and clearly addressed to a member of the 2/7th Welsh cyclists.

Regards,

Jerry

?

I like these ones, the one with the cat and greeting card still inside is my fav of this group, it also has a message on the back.
    I have a pile of this type of card as well as other WW1 Postcards..scattered through out the house, I am working on getting them all together

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

WWI period postcardsWWI period postcardsWWI period postcardsWWI period postcardsWWI period postcards

Default South Irish Horse POW

A p/c pic of Pte.Robert Roberts 1067 SIH and 25737 7th Battalion Royal Irish Regiment taken at SCHWEIDNITZ POW camp, the 7th Royal Irish were wiped out as a formation on the 21/3/1918 during the Kaiserschlacht.One thing to note on the pic is that Roberts has appeared to have sewn on his tunic a SIH shoulder title from thread or yarn.

South Wales Borderers officer photo post card.

Last edited by Jerry B; 06-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Heres a nice Guarsdsman photograpgh for a sculptor in his studio. almost certainly Gilbert Ledwards Guards memorial preparatary work in the 1920's
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI period postcards 

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast