Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Private Victory Medals

Article about: I'm new to this forum, thought I would say hi, tell you about what I collect and then ask a question. I have been collecting militaria for about 7 years now, I collect WWI Victory Medals and

?

Default WWI Private Victory Medals

I'm new to this forum, thought I would say hi, tell you about what I collect and then ask a question. I have been collecting militaria for about 7 years now, I collect WWI Victory Medals and WWII Red Cross/Medical Corp items, and when I can find them I try to pick up any Vimy Memorial medals. So that is a little rundown of what I collect so time for the question.

I would like to know if anyone has written any books on Victory Medals that were not released by the governments? I have a very good book on Victories released by the countries governments but I have had very little luck finding anything about Victories released by townships, cities, counties, states, or even medals given out by Commonwealth countries. I have picked up a few but have had trouble identifying their origin, and for the most part try to stay away from them unless I know they are coming from very good sources (or if they are very cheap and can afford to lose the money if they are fake). I hope someone would be able to point me towards a good book or a good website.

Thanks for the time and nice to meet everyone

Default Re: WWI Private Victory Medals

I have a list of over 2,500 identified ww 1 town,Masonic, k of c and company medals I have been collecting for over 20 years. If you are interested in my list let me know