MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI US 27th Inf. Grouping

Article about: Hello Friends, I recently added this grouping to my collection, and thought that you might like seeing it. I also have a few questions for you. Is there a possibility that the service banner

Default WWI US 27th Inf. Grouping

Hello Friends,

I recently added this grouping to my collection, and thought that you might like seeing it. I also have a few questions for you. Is there a possibility that the service banner was theater made? And, what can you tell me about the copper item and the gold toned button? As always i look forward to to all input!

Have a Good Day,

Mart

WWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. Grouping

?

Great grouping the in service banner was most likely made in the states no need for it overseas . I have seen some very similar to it

?

Great find, congratulations.

Coin - although I can't read the date.
    Coin Value: France 1, 2, 5, and 10 Centimes 1852 to 1865

Button
    British general service buttons, variations
    Regards,
    John

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!!!!!

Mart

?

That is a fine grouping friend.

MAP
    ?

Very nice!!! I would like to guess that maybe the "service" banner was hung in a window. Similar to what we see now for families that have a son/daughter deployed (my neighbor has one)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Friends,

Thank you all for the kind words and likes. It Makes my day when i can share these things with like minded people, who enjoy them as much as I do!

Take care,

Mart

Hi Martin

The "sons" in service banner was a US home front patriotic way for families to show how many members were in service. Normally put inside the front room window for display to passers by.

Yours is interesting because it has Infantry and crossed rifles with bayonet on top. So this would be US made-can you show the back of the banner?

Nice grouping.

Phill

Hello Phill,

Put away somewhere I have my Grandmothers "Blue Star Mothers" banner, that she had in her window when my Father and Uncle were in WWII. Here are some images of the reverse that you requested. Thanks for your time and review! :-)

Mart

WWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. GroupingWWI US 27th Inf. Grouping

Hi Martin

These a re better clear pictures.

I first thought that the "Infantry" and "Crossed rifles " looked like they were felt , however this is all hand embroidered , one could assume this was made by the mother or close family friends , but that is speculation and we know how far that gets!!

Very nice sons in service banner , hand made US home front-superb.

Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast