Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wwi usmc blues

Article about: Earlier this month, a local VFW held an auction. Most of what was sold was furniture and other non-military things, but I was told that there may be some uniforms there. I couldn't get to th

?

Default Wwi usmc blues

Earlier this month, a local VFW held an auction. Most of what was sold was furniture and other non-military things, but I was told that there may be some uniforms there.

I couldn't get to the sale because of family commitments, but an antique dealer picked up the uniforms an offered them to me for what he paid.

In this lot of uniforms were your typical VFW Honor Guard shirts & pants, some VN era US ARMY dress greens and one little gem. This USMC dress uniform is dated 1915-16 and has the matching trousers with the blood stripe! Unfortunetly I have not yet been able to find a name in it, but I am trying to search the VFW's donation records and see if that provides a clue.

And what did I pay for all of this? The princely sum of USD $5.00!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwi usmc blues  

Default Re: Wwi usmc blues

Erick,

What a beautiful set of blues...and for the "right" price. Good things DO happen to good guys every once in a while! Please keep us posted as to your progress on tracking the owner.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]