Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI USMC grouping

Article about: Hi guys picked up a grouping of WWI Marine items . All I know is he was a local guy and must have been involved in the VFW and Disabled American Veterans. If anybody would like better photos

?

Default WWI USMC grouping

Hi guys picked up a grouping of WWI Marine items . All I know is he was a local guy and must have been involved in the VFW and Disabled American Veterans. If anybody would like better photos let me know . I also have his VFW jacket that I will post later . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI USMC grouping   WWI USMC grouping  

WWI USMC grouping   WWI USMC grouping  

WWI USMC grouping  

?

WOWZY,WOW,WOW. This guy is not just a WW1 vet but some of the Corps serious history. That Order of the Cootie ribbon is amazing. China, we are talking Boxer rebellion. Marines were sent in 1894 and there till 1901, Then Mexico for the Mexican revolution in 1903, Then San Domingo for the Banana wars till 1916. Then WW1. This Gent is one salty Marine. He had Been There and Done That before setting foot in France.

JUST AN AWESOME GROUPING!!!!!
    Ching,Ching,Ching.
    JACKPOT GARY

I'm loving those Blues!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Now that is one incredible grouping!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Gary,
    The stripes he is sporting on the Blues are the 1912 version that changed in the early 20's. He would be referred to as a Gunnery Sergeant . Later this would've had 3 stripes up 2 rockers down.

Those Blues are giving me a swangger!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Echo Phil and Marty. Totally drool worthy grouping
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks boys it sure is a great looking uniform

?

Well I have been told that this Marine left the Marines just before WWI and joined the army to fight in WWI

Absolute Stunning Group! There must have been many moth balls and cedar protecting the clothing.

?

I agree I hope I look as fresh when I'm a hundred . The family also has his helmet I'm trying to get that too.

?

So Gary,
    How did you find that out? Is it something with the awards or just info passed along about the Gent?

Even if he did become an Army Dog during WW1 this guy saw the world with the Corps.

Oh and tomorrow November 10th is the 242nd Birthday of the Marine Corps!!! Put a toast up to those Blues tomorrow!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast