Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII US Military coat Authentic?

Article about: Hello I would really like to know if this coat is authentic. I am thinking about buying it and I don't know if is authentic or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank-You

?

Default WWII US Military coat Authentic?

Hello
    I would really like to know if this coat is authentic. I am thinking about buying it and I don't know if is authentic or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII US Military coat Authentic?  WWII US Military coat Authentic?  WWII US Military coat Authentic? 

Default Re: WWII US Military coat Authentic?

Vietnam

?

how can you tell it is from vietnam?

yes its authentic but could be Vietnam vintage or later (I'm only saying that because there is a Vietnam campaign ribbon on there but that can be easily removed and replaced) , in fact I could ware that class A top with my ribbons and rank and be completely within regulations ha ha ha nothing has really changed since.

you should look at the other postings of WW2 US Uniforms and you will see the difference in color, cut and fabric

and Im only saying "Authentic" as its a real us military modern class A top

when I said military I meant Army
    I hate it when I post and then I need to say more and end up with a million comments for one subject ha ha ha

?

Thank-You so much for your help, I really apprceiate it.

oh hey thanks for joining this great forum!!!!!!!!!!!! this place is the best!!!!!

Quote by camry View Post
    Hello
    I would really like to know if this coat is authentic. I am thinking about buying it and I don't know if is authentic or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Hi Camry,

The coat appears to be of Vietnam era or later, not WWII. The 50th Armored Div. was a New Jersey Guard unit that was active from 1946 -1993. The MACV patch represents an active unit during Vietnam.

Authenticity - I see no reason to doubt the authenticity of the coat itself, nor the patches themselves as the setup is fairly common and not actively faked as airborne and special forces examples are.

Was it put together? You will probably never know unless it is named and attributed, then you could trace the owners military service and find what units and awards were awarded. Without a name (and then not 100% certain in all cases) you will probably never know. If you are just looking for a representative example of an Army tunic with no particular focus on unit or awards, you will be fine with this one. However, if you are looking for an attributed example, I would wait for something a little more substantial in content. I wouldn't spend more than about $30 (at the most) for this one. Hope this helps.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast