Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield

Article about: Click to the picture to follow the sales by: Kleer Description: Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield I am still uncertain as to which type of shield this is. I have read bot

Default Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield

Click to the picture to follow the sales

by: Kleer

Description:
    Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield
    I am still uncertain as to which type of shield this is. I have read both Cavalry and Signal described as “yellow” but have never seen photos of the two side-by-side for comparison. I will have to leave it to the more discriminating eyes of experts to determine. I am more than happy to answer an additional questions you have.

This one did have some blueish/indigo spots on it and much of the back threading was the same color. It was clearly a spill of some kind as it only altered parts of the yellow threading. I figured that if these stains were permanent then the value of the shield would be extremely low so I decided to test it with a gentle soil remover. I saturated the stained areas with the liquid and let it soak for awhile. Almost immediately I noticed dark blue/indigo line of liquid streaming away from the fabric. After awhile I rinsed the entire shield under water by hand and air dried it.

Much of that color disappeared but some of it remains, giving certain areas a slightly green hue. The photo of the back threading indicates the difference the best. The threads at the very top were not stained and therefore retain the original color. The lower threads still have the slight tint to them. It’s possible they can be cleaned up completely with a more thorough effort but I didn’t want to take any chances.

After the air drying, there was some unevenness in the fabric due to varying thicknesses I believe. I covered it with a thin cloth and passed a warm iron over it which helped smooth out some of the wrinkles but not all. I didn’t want to risk any damage by turning up the iron to a hotter setting so I thought it best to leave it as is.

General Info

I inherited this from my father several years ago and have decided to put it up for sale. I did my best to take photos that would accurately highlight its condition and detail. Though I have done a fair bit of research on these since they came into my possession, please note that I do not consider myself an expert in this type of collectible. I have every reason to believe this is completely authentic, as other items from the same collection have already been verified as such.

This is one of several items from this collection that I have chosen to list on this site. The rest are described below. I have priced them below what similar items are being sold for but I am willing entertain all reasonable offers, especially if the buyer is interested in purchasing several items at once. I accept Paypal.

Please note that I’m currently working long and odd hours and do not have internet access at my job. I will try to answer inquiries as quickly as possible but several hours or even a day might pass before I can get back to you.

Thanks for looking!
    List of my German WWII Collectibles for sale:
    In “Third Reich German cloth and metal Insignia”
    - Propagandakompanie Cufftitle
    - Heer Engineers Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield
    - Heer Artillery/Panzer(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield
    - Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield

In “Third Reich German Awards and Badges”

- Iron Cross 2nd Class
    - War Merit Cross 2nd Class

In “Third Reich German other militaria”

- Adolf Hitler Cigarette Book w/Complete Set of Photos

Shipping & Handling:

I am located in San Diego, CA USA. The listed shipping price reflects domestic shipping using USPS Priority Mail with insurance included. Signature required on delivery. Higher priced items will also ship with Registered Mail Restricted Delivery.*

Please Note! International purchases will most certainly cost more to ship but I will not know exactly how much until I know where the buyer is located. I will work with the buyer to explain international shipping options and costs but I will insist on using a tracking number, signature confirmation & insurance.

International buyers are responsible for knowing their country's import laws regarding this item, as well as payment of any import tariffs applied.

*Description of USPS Registered Mail Restricted Delivery

Registered Mail Restricted Delivery provides maximum protection and security for valuables and permits a mailer to direct delivery to an individual specified by name. It provides the sender with a mailing receipt and a delivery record (including only the addressee or addressee's authorized agent’s signature) is maintained by the USPS for a specified period of time.

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Cavalry/Signal(?) Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield
    P
    Many