Here is an English translation of the regulations.
I decided not to translate the term “Reichszeugmeisterei”, as it is generally recognized and commonly used in its original German form; a rough translation would be “National Quartermasters Department”.
I translated the term "parteiamtliche Gegenstände" somewhat literally as "offical Party items", one could use other translations, too, such as as "controlled items of the Party" etc.
General terms and conditions
of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party – Reichszeugmeisterei
for the manufacture and sale of official Party items
1. Manufacture and sale of official Party items has to be undertaken according to the regulations of the Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP.
2. Requirements for materials are to be covered from Aryan firms exclusively; in so far as the raw materials are available inside the German Reich, only those may be processed.
3. Official party uniforms, parts of uniforms, fabrics, flags and insignia of the NSDAP, its branches and associate organizations must be manufactured within the own company, unless special regulations exist for individual cases.
Sample items of the Reichszeugmeisterei, templates and other manufacturing regulations are exclusively intended for own use; they are non-transferrable.
4. The proofmark of the Reichszeugmeisterei [illustration] (RZM) is exclusively reserved to the Reichszeugmeisterei of the NSDAP and may be used only with its permission.
All finished products must bear the proofmark of the Reichszeugmeisterei. Plättezettel* as well as identification- and stock tags can only be purchased from the Reichszeugmeisterei.
5. For the issuing of a license of the Reichszeugmeisterei or, respectively, its annual renewal, fees according to § 2 of the Third Bylaw for the execution of the Law against malicious Attacks against State and Party of 16 March 1935 (National Law Gazette 1 pg. 387) are charged.
Manufacturers and wholesale dealers must provide the Reichszeugmeisterei with a carbon copy of the invoice for every delivery of official party items. Invoice and carbon copy must bear the authorization number of the manufacturer and the reseller. The monthly carbon copies are to be submitted to the Reichszeugmeisterei on the 15th of every month for the preceding month at the latest.
Using the forms provided to them, the resellers are to submit a summary report over receipt and turnover of official party items until the 15th of every month at the latest.
Master craftsmen have to submit only the carbon copies for deliveries to resellers. Deliveries to agencies may only be undertaken with permission of the Reichszeugmeisterei. Official party items have to be identified on order forms, invoices etc. with the designation laid down by the Reichszeugmeisterei.
6. The labor-law related regulations are applicable for the payment of all employees; for the new hiring and promotion of employees, preference is to be given to members of the NSDAP and its branches in case of otherwise equal performance.
Holders of a license of the Reichszeugmeisterei may not employ non-Aryans, whether it is for manufacturing or sale. This regulation is also applicable to representatives and travelling salesmen.
7. The holder of a license is required to allow the auditors of the Reichszeugmeisterei access to his accounting books and business documents without prior notice.
In case of objections to official party items, the judgment of the Reichszeugmeisterei alone is decisive.
In case of an infraction against the regulations of the NSDAP (Reichszeugmeisterei), the costs for an auditing are to be paid by the license holder; the amount of these costs is fixed by the Reichszeugmeisterei.
8. All license holders are required to subscribe to the Bulletin of the Reichszeugmeisterei. Orders are to be exclusively made over the applicable Postal Authority. The ongoing dispositions in the Bulletin of the Reichszeugmeisterei are binding for every license holder.
9. The NSDAP (Reichszeugmeisterei) assumes no liability for legal transactions undertaken on the basis of the license.
10. No charge up against claims due to the NSDAP may be undertaken; the transfer of claims against the NSDAP is prohibited.
11. Corporations (incorporated companies, joint stock companies, limited liability companies) and mutual companies have to submit a report on all regular and special full assemblies to the Reichszeugmeisterei insofar it is relevant to changes in personnel or capital.
12. It is absolutely prohibited to utilize company names that give the impression of a Party agency; misuse of the term “Reichszeugmeisterei” is forbidden.
13. There is no legal entitlement to the issuance of a license; the license is only given to a specific company for the term of 12 months and subject to revocation at all times. Application for renewal of the license is to be made three months prior to the end of the term; in doing so, the overall turnover of official party items since the granting or renewal of the license is to be reported. The granting and renewal of a license is dependent on a confirmation of the fiscal authorities that the applicant has met his tax obligations.
The license expires:
1. upon the end of the term for which it was issued,
2. upon sale or abandonment of the company for which it was issued,
3. upon the death of the licensee,
4. upon the opening of bankruptcy proceedings over the licensee’s assets
5. upon waiving the license.
In case of an authorized liquidation sale period, the regulations of the NSDAP (Reichszeugmeisterei) are applicable up to the end of that period.
14. The NSDAP (Reichszeugmeisterei) reserves the right for alterations and additions to these conditions; upon issuance of a license, the Reichszeugmeisterei’s special terms are to be accepted.
*) Plättezettel: I am not familiar with this technical term. “Plätte” is an obsolete/dialect term for a flat iron, “plätten” means to iron or smoothen. “Zettel” is a slip or label. Perhaps it has something to with ironing or ironing-on; from the context, I suspect the term to refer to the RZM control labels.[/INDENT]
Last edited by HPL2008; 02-06-2011 at 03:45 PM.