Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake

Article about: Looking to see if this is real the collector is asking \\$450 U.S. dollars has no makers marks Thank you

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake

Looking to see if this is real the collector is asking $450 U.S. dollars has no makers marks Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake  

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake  

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse real or fake
    P
    Many

Hi, it could be an unmarked Deumer piece, but I don't like the EK's so much that don't have a pen. In the first impression and when comparing it to other pieces, I don't have a good feeling about this medal

Thank you that helps, I have had bad luck buying from collectors I have had two that I have bought that even fooled the collectors one collector told me their is a company in Poland that make these to german spec's and make them look like a wartime finish.

Yes, it is sad what is generally offered. out of 10 medals on offer there are 8 copies included, not just private people but also dealers ........... It is a huge business, luckily I started collecting in the early 90s, when it was still there not as extreme as it is today. So I have to say without this forum I would have put my money on some wrong pieces ................... greetings

I'm not very experienced with TR crosses but given how low the date sits in the frame,
    I'm wondering if this could be a Floch?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I am not qualified to comment on EK's and can not tell you one way or the other, but this one looks very similar to a screw back EK1 that was given to me many many many years ago and deemed a Deumer fake. Except mine has a pin on the back.

Repro EK1?
    Last edited by MAP; 10-24-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

yes, exactly, this is also shown in EK1 DNA as a Deumer copy

That looks like a Floch or similar reproduction

I took it to one of the jewelers in town he said it is silver and iron in the middle, and he agreed to al of you that this is a Floch because he has a real one and show me the difference he said who ever made this went to great lengths to use real silver and iron in the middle, he told me to stay away from this one not worth the money. He also said that it's sad to note that company's are making these and they are even fooling the buyers and well as long time collectors unless you are real good at detecting the Flouch from a real one. I want to thank everyone for their input it really helped me. I mostly collect Imperial german Iron Cross's and I find very little Flouh's out there maybe 3rd reich is more sellable than Imperial.

For those of you who are interested in spotting Floch fakes of various types, not just EK's, this website is quite helpful.

Floch advice - Germany: All Eras: The Iron Cross - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast