Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)

Article about: Just getting around to posting another EK2 I received last year. Another one of my favorites. This one is a B.H Mayer cross with a Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame but is marked L/50 by G

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)

Just getting around to posting another EK2 I received last year. Another one of my favorites. This one is a B.H Mayer cross with a Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame but is marked L/50 by Godet. Interesting in that it shows how at times some makers possibly worked together for production of crosses. Ron

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)
    1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)
    1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse B.H. Mayer marked L/50 (Mayer schinkel core/Mayer LDO frame)
    P
    Many

The difference in font size of the dates is stunning! Totally different! Almost Laurel and Hardy? I hope to find one of these in the future, but it is not like you harvest these whenever you want one. A rare and absolutely beautiful EK!

Quote by Martin3 View Post
    The difference in font size of the dates is stunning! Totally different! Almost Laurel and Hardy? I hope to find one of these in the future, but it is not like you harvest these whenever you want one. A rare and absolutely beautiful EK!
    Thanks Martin. Yes the date numerals on the B.H. Mayer schinkel core are quite interesting Ron

To complete. A typical Schinkel B.H. Mayer with “800” marking on the ring.
    Robert

Open rings and 800 marks... All my earlier red flags need to be revised.
    No, just joking. I read enough to know about these exceptions, but there was a time I would have thought these crosses very suspicious. But that was the age when an Iron Cross costed 60 Dutch Guilders or German Marks and no one cared or knew about a maker. We just complained it was too expensive!

?

I think there was more widespread collaboration between manufacturers of not only the Eisernes Kreuz but also across the whole spectrum of the medal and decorations industry. There are many instances of cross over of parts and design and tooling.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Martin3 View Post
    Open rings and 800 marks... All my earlier red flags need to be revised.
    No, just joking. I read enough to know about these exceptions, but there was a time I would have thought these crosses very suspicious. But that was the age when an Iron Cross costed 60 Dutch Guilders or German Marks and no one cared or knew about a maker. We just complained it was too expensive!
    Note Martin, that open rings are a common phenomenon in C.E. Juncker crosses. But this can be verified, of course. I am more irritated by how well-known dealers complete incomplete crosses with rings of completely different diameter and different wire thickness and try to convince me that the cross was verified by experts. I then have a good laugh.
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    To complete. A typical Schinkel B.H. Mayer with “800” marking on the ring.
    Robert
    Great to see a picture of a Mayer schinkel. One still on my want list. Is this one yours Robert?

Quote by Shockwave View Post
    Great to see a picture of a Mayer schinkel. One still on my want list. Is this one yours Robert?
    Unfortunately, no. But I hope that someday, somewhere I will hunt it down.
    Robert