Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?

Article about: Hello. I am considering purchasing this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. From the characteristics I believe it to be a C.E Juncker "Crunch Bead" "Teardrop" Core. Apparently also

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?

Hello. I am considering purchasing this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. From the characteristics I believe it to be a C.E Juncker "Crunch Bead" "Teardrop" Core. Apparently also called a "Full Juncker".
    Hoping for opinions on firstly if this is the correct identification of this EK2. There seems to be several variants of the C.E Juncker EK2.
    And secondly, how rare of a cross is this? Thanks, Ron

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"? 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?
    P
    Many

?

There are many different variations of the 'Juncker' EK2, different frame and core mixes. I think you are correct with your deduction on this one, is the core magnetic?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There are many different variations of the 'Juncker' EK2, different frame and core mixes. I think you are correct with your deduction on this one, is the core magnetic?
    Thanks Adrian. The seller does not specify magnetic or unmagnetic. How does this one compare in rarity to a cross such as the "Halbschinkel" or "Odd Date"?

?

As far as I'm aware, the teardrop nine core should be magnetic so worth checking when you get it in hand. I would say this type is more common than the other two you mention but still quite scarce.
    Juncker EKs are relatively easy to find, it's when you delve into the different variants you will never find what you're looking for.
    It's an ongoing and ever evolving area of research, I posted my full Juncker a few years ago and now it might not be a full Juncker.......

As far as I'm aware, the teardrop nine core should be magnetic so worth checking when you get it in hand. I would say this type is more common than the other two you mention but still quite scarce.
    Juncker EKs are relatively easy to find, it's when you delve into the different variants you will never find what you're looking for.
    It's an ongoing and ever evolving area of research, I posted my full Juncker a few years ago and now it might not be a full Juncker.......
    Thanks. In researching the Juncker EK2's in the Maerz/Alt book, I also noticed there is a marked version with the "L/12" on the cross rather than being on the suspension loop. Would this be considered the most difficult Juncker version to find?

?

Yes, there is an LDO marked variant with L/12 stamped on the frame to the side of the suspension loop.
    I've seen a few for sale over the years so they are around but they are very rare.
    They generally are available for a premium price £1200 - £1500.

Which is why I don't have one......

Yes, there is an LDO marked variant with L/12 stamped on the frame to the side of the suspension loop.
    I've seen a few for sale over the years so they are around but they are very rare.

I will have to keep a look out for that L/12 variation
    I have become quite addicted to collecting 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, both on their own and on Ordenspange.

Couple questions on the the marked L/12 EK2's:

Can the mark on the frame be either side of the suspension loop?

Are there crosses with the L/12 mark actually on the suspension loop instead of the frame?

Thanks, Ron

?

To my knowledge the L/12 mark can be found on the frame on either side of the suspension ring and there are some out there marked on the ring. Again, the different variations come into play. The different cores/frames combinations etc. You may encounter marked EKs but not fitting under the 'full Juncker' heading.
    Best you can do is find a cross with an L/12 mark that fits in with features associated with Juncker. They are so hard to find, getting one of any variation is a good achievement.

Hopefully Robert (manclino) will see this thread and offer his opinions because he knows far more about them than me.

Thank you Adrian for your appreciation.
    1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse C.E Juncker "Full Junker"?
    Your cross is a Juncker with a W&L magnetic core. And J. Bochynski found and described in his book 18 variants of this manufacturer.
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast