Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Lug Variant (Unknown B)?

Article about: I am considering this cross and hoping to confirm that this is an unmarked example of the Lug Variant(Unknown B). Help in identification greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Lug Variant (Unknown B)?

I am considering this cross and hoping to confirm that this is an unmarked example of the Lug Variant(Unknown B). Help in identification greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Lug Variant (Unknown B)? 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Lug Variant (Unknown B)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Lug Variant (Unknown B)?
    P
    Many

If it is LUG Variant unknown C type A - Maerz/Alt but the first type is described in the book by J. Bochyński,
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    If it is LUG Variant unknown C type A - Maerz/Alt but the first type is described in the book by J. Bochyński,
    Robert
    Thanks Robert. Do you prefer the Maerz/Alt or the J. Bochyński book as a resource?
    Where can one find the book by J. Bochyński? Ron
    Last edited by Shockwave; 07-01-2023 at 07:01 PM.

J. Bochyński's book is privately published by him (Jarek is fascinated) and in a very small edition of 100-150 copies. But it is advanced and includes all the variants (cores and frames) of manufacturers discovered and identified so far. The new (revised 2018 edition) will be released later this year. Unfortunately, it is only partially written in English (but that's what translators are for). The Maerz/Alt book, on the other hand, is a commercial edition but covers only basic information without taking into account the frame-core combination of each manufacturer. So who prefers what?
    Robert

Thanks Robert. The Bochynski book sounds great. Will the revised edition later this year be available on a particular website? Or must it be ordered through Jarek Bochynski?

Ok. I am in constant contact with Jarek. If you are interested then as I know something more about the book I will let you know and a private email to him. The rest you will determine for yourselves.
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    Ok. I am in constant contact with Jarek. If you are interested then as I know something more about the book I will let you know and a private email to him. The rest you will determine for yourselves.
    Robert
    Yes please Robert. I would definitely like to add this book to my list of resources. Thanks, Ron

Ok Ron. We are in touch.
    Robert