Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration

Article about: Hello to all! I wanted to get some opinions on a recent pickup? The spange is in overall good condition one prong missing but it came with the award (for what it's worth). I'd like to hear s

Default 1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration

Hello to all! I wanted to get some opinions on a recent pickup? The spange is in overall good condition one prong missing but it came with the award (for what it's worth). I'd like to hear some opinions on it's authenticity. All comments are welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance.1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration

I am not an expert but I like it. It seems to match a picture
    I have a known original.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Kind of poorly lit photos but, it looks like the original one I own. It would appear that your pins have been replaced. I will post some photos here for you to compare the details.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration   1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration  

1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration   1939 EKII L/11 Spange for consideration  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys. Ralph you are right looks pretty good comparatively. I like the pebbeling detail that comes through on yours mine I think lacks the crispness. Hard to tell though with the patina. I paid $55 USD for it I was thinking that was an OK price given the post damage? Thanks again.

Brian

I think the price is fair if you are satisfied with the condition.
    Yours has a little more than just patina.
    I believe the condition of yours is a result of the re-soldering of all of the pins and the absorption of the silvering by the zinc.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)