Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.

Article about: Ok, I contacted a well known dealer in Germany to enquire if he had seen anything like these before and to see if he could put a value on them. Unfortunately he too hadn't come across these

?

Thumbs up [Answered]1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.

I am looking these up for a friend. He came across these and I can't find examples of these that don't look like they were attached to a ribbon. Did they hang from something? He found these and others while remodeling a bathroom.

Last edited by Bosnm8; 03-02-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Answered

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.

I believe this is a miniature that would've been suspended from a chain. These chains were often worn by the recipient pinned to the lapel of civilian suit coat and would have miniatures of all the decorations thay had won. I've never seen a marked piece though.

For example, here is a 1957 version.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ahhhh ok.. that makes sense. From what he tells me, there was a pouch hidden behind the bathtub. It contained many of these, other medals and ribons along with a pistol, what he thinks was a golden World War II Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle Breast Star ... he said it weighed about 1/2 pound... He gave it to the owner of the house and it was all sold. I think he still has the pistol though. I will pass this info along.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Bosnm8; 03-02-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: i was wrong

?

Wow... I was talking to him and he was pointing out some of the other medals this guy had pictured on German Medals and Orders
    GMM-0021
    Early Pre- WWII German Red Cross Star Order Cased
    GMM-0064
    WWII German Red Cross Sash Order
    GMM-7775 German World War Two Enamel Red Cross DRK Medal with Ribbon
    GMM-0567
    WWII Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle Breast Star
    GMM-0777
    WWII Order of the German Eagle 4th Class Without Swords
    GMM-0726
    WWII German Cross in Gold
    GMM-07171
    German World War Two Raised Hallmarks Fire Brigade First Class Enamel Badge
    GMM-0124
    WWII German Hindenburg World War I/II Medal but with different numbers

The bad part is this guy took these and sold them at a gun show for about $3000.00. Makes me sick that he did that... It seems they told a story... This old German fellow could have been someone important. It's all gone now but the Luger.. with no Serials on it.. just 3rd Reich stamps...

?

Are there any photos from this hoard? It sounds like quite an impressive stash.
    Are the miniatures above still in his posession?

?

All photo's were lost in a hard drive meltdown. What makes me wonder who this guy was... was the Golden Grand Cross... only 8 were ever awarded, and one being to Heinrich Luitpold Himmler.... maybe this guy was close to him? I am going to try to get high rez photo's of that Luger and holster...
    Yes, the miniatures were given to my friend for being honest and not keeping them.

?

Perhaps the story behind the awards may still be traceable via the house owner(s)? Did a veteran live there at some point for example, who was he, which branch of service was he in, where did he serve etc....... a long shot but maybe worth a go.

?

I am going out there this weekend and am taking my DSLR... going to get pictures of the Luger and get some info on the previous owner. The previous owner was an old German guy... so the mystery begins. He doesn't 'plan' on selling them but I can't find what the value is for them anywhere either... Any rough estimates?
    Last edited by Bosnm8; 03-03-2011 at 02:57 AM.

?

The guy who still has the pistol is out of town.. but I got some better pictures. Anyone know what these are worth? I can't find anything to compare.
    Here is the album of the rest of the pictures in various settings:
    1939 Spange pictures by bobregalia - Photobucket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.   1939 Spange + Eisernes Kreuz 2kl. 1914... but not for a ribbon.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-10-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Photos uploaded to server.

?

I can't help with the value on these, I've never seen any for sale so I too would be interested to see if any other member can place an approximate value on them!

Can you repost your original photos onto the forum please? They're very useful for reference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast