Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hello All, I won this "Prinzen" Size 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse for a very low price at an antique auction. Still trying to work out it's authenticity. I like the lev

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hello All,

I won this "Prinzen" Size 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse for a very low price at an antique auction. Still trying to work out it's authenticity. I like the level of detail, including the leaves, the pebbling and the "feathers". Also, the font seems correct. However the feathers that come down from the wings to the legs are asymmetrical, and the head/beak arrangement seem rather small. Any advice would be appreciated. 1322922[/ATTACH]1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

I am definitely not an expert with Spangen (especially Prinzen versions)
    but this one makes me a bit uneasy. In all of my files, the only Prinzens
    I have pictures of were made by Deumer and this does not look like a match
    to me. Hopefully I'm wrong and can add a copy of this picture to my files.

I do have a question for you about the ribbon. In your picture, the left edge
    of the ribbon looks to be loops while the right edge looks to be knotted but I
    can not tell for sure. Can you let me know if both edges match?

Greg
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The edges are equal, appear finely knotted, not loops. It doesn't glow under black-light.

MAP
    ?

The ends should be looped

See this link

Ribbon authenticity guide

Black light also is not a foolproof test anymore. There apparently is now a spray that will remove the chemical that causes the item to glow....or so I read on another forum last year.

Wish I could find that thread again
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Upon closer inspection, the ribbon does appear to be a reproduction.

Thank you

MAP
    ?

I think member CMSgt knows quite a bit about these. hopefully he will see this thread

List of spange makers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just for future reference,here is another example of Imperial ribbons.
    The whip-stitched or knotted ribbon is a modern reproduction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you for posting the sample pictures. Now that I have those to compare to it is clear that the ribbon in my possession matches the one on the right, in terms of one side being looped and one side being whip-stitched. The colors of mine do seem a bit crisp though for something from that time, so I am still not convinced it is authentic.

Unfortunately, this is not an original Prinzen spange.
    There are only three makers of two prong prinzens.

A Deumer, that looks like this.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse

An unknown maker, that looks like this.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 2. Klasse

And an Otto Schickle, (which I do not own an example of), but it is not a Schickle.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you everyone for helping clear this up. I will take this up with the dealer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast