Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unmarked Otto Schickle, Buntmetal

Article about: A recent addition to my spange collection. These are normally found with the L/15 stamped between the lower mounting prongs. I have checked and this one has no markings. I will not remove th

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unmarked Otto Schickle, Buntmetal

A recent addition to my spange collection.
    These are normally found with the L/15 stamped between the lower mounting prongs. I have checked and this one has no markings.
    I will not remove the ribbon for photos.
    Not sure what the bright spot in the swastika is but it is not visible with the naked eye.
    Ralph.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unmarked Otto Schickle, Buntmetal
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unmarked Otto Schickle, Buntmetal
    P
    Many

The patina is outstanding ...which highlights the wing feathering. The wreath detail is excellent

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The patina is outstanding ...which highlights the wing feathering. The wreath detail is excellent

Regards Larry
    Thank you Larry.
    The buntmetal ones develop nicer patina than the zinc ones.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just my thoughts....but I feel zinc just doesnt provide the same attraction as buntmetal and Nickel....... Personal preference ...I know very little about these medals and awards ...but know the difference in the metal content seeing the same used on some Edged Weapon fittings.

I think its why these awards will always retain their beauty and desire for the collector and also outlast in lustre compared to the latter materials.

Excellent Spange addition to your collection Ralph Congrats

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice spange. I echo Larry's thoughts about the patina. It really makes the details
    stand out.

Your bright spot may be a piece of dust on the camera lens.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very nice spange. I echo Larry's thoughts about the patina. It really makes the details
    stand out.

Your bright spot may be a piece of dust on the camera lens.
    Thanks Greg!
    I don't think it is dust, I will inspect the spange with a loupe in the near future and post it here.
    Ralph.