Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions

Article about: these are on an auction site; seller listing as reproductions. Does the one on right have a chance of being legitimate?

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions

these are on an auction site; seller listing as reproductions. Does the one on right have a chance of being legitimate?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions
    P
    Many

ive found an L/11 - Wilhelm Deumer of Lüdenscheid on lakesidetrader that kind of looks like the spange on the left in the auction i listed - not knowing spanges well - i thought the brass looking pointy prongs were the fake characteristic but thats what the one on the dealer site has too. so maybe these are good?

Yes, the one on the right could be a Funke & Brunninghaus but, without clearer photos I could not say for sure.
    The other is a fake, unless the pins have been replaced.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

here is link to the one I thought looks like the spange on left with brass colored odd shaped prongs -

2nd Class Spange by L/11 | Lakesidetrader

Quote by josephc View Post
    here is link to the one I thought looks like the spange on left with brass colored odd shaped prongs -

2nd Class Spange by L/11 | Lakesidetrader
    Those are not original pins, you can see the re-solder job on the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is what the reverse should look like.
    Ralph.

TWS
    ?

The possible Funke & Brunninghaus would be worth a shot if you could get it for the price of a reproduction - which may be possible since the auction labels it as such. However, I'm not crazy about the finish on it or the fact that the prongs are installed pointing out. The wearer wouldn't do that for a buttonhole worn ribbon for obvious reasons. The finish could have aged that way due to improper storage but it's not in great shape from a value/desirability standpoint.

I think the only one I have currently is this one. Came straight from the German family and was never in a collection before.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I took a gamble and bought these; ill try to get better pictures when I receive.

i received the spanges and will re-post them individually for review. The ribbons do not glow under black light. The first with the brass "replacement" prongs is marked L/11 like the one on Lakesidetrader site. The other with the prongs bent outward is marked L/12 which I have found some threads indicating possible fake with a Juncker marking.

received the awards and not as good as i hoped though spange 1 (L/11) is just like one for sale on Lakesidetrader site. close ups of spange 1 and 2. Both ribbons pass black light test; no glow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse - pair of reproductions  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast