Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Article about: Have been looking for a while for a nice Imperial EK with a 1939 Spange attached to the ribbon and I finally found one this weekend. The EK is a common K.O marked cross however the 1939 Span

?

Default 1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Have been looking for a while for a nice Imperial EK with a 1939 Spange attached to the ribbon and I finally found one this weekend.

The EK is a common K.O marked cross however the 1939 Spange is a full sized Ziemer & Sohne.

This set up also sports a very novel way of the recipient attaching it to the ribbon. Instead of using the prongs and pushing them through as would normally be done the recipient has made a sort of cats cradle to hold it in place. It certainly looks to have been tied on in the period of it's wear.

A very interesting set up indeed that just adds to this nice set.

Wilko

1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse 1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse
    P
    Many

Very nice Spange Wilko, I love these imperial EK2 with Spange set ups, i like the way the date box matches the angle of the ribbon. Thanks for showing. Paul

?

Thank you Paul, it was one I just couldn't leave and just had to have.
    I really like the way it's set up with the thread instead of pushing through the ribbon with the prongs. Sort of thing I'd do.
    Ken

A very nice addition Ken!
    I waited quite a while before getting my first combo like this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph, it's taken me a long time to find this but worth the wait.
    Ken

1939 Spange Zum Eisernes Kreuz 2 KlasseVery nice and congratulations

I don’t collect WW1 but just had to have one in my collection as they look so striking and the history is amazing, winning an EK in both wars

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello Wilco.
    The iron cross looks nice but the spange doesn’t look like a Genuine one to me.
    I’m only looking with old eyes on my phone at the moment but the feather quills and date don’t look as though they match an original
    I’ll get back later when I get chance
    All the best
    Doug

It looks okay to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Doug, I will look forward to hearing back about this. I spent quite a while checking this against another Ziemer spange of the forum and thought I'd nailed it down.
    Ken

?

Hi Ralph, I feel that this is a good one, however I'd like to be sure.
    Ken

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast