Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

altered ek2

Article about: They started with an original EKII, clumsy work but who knows the circumstances. Historic'ly interesting. I would guess the grinding down to highlight the swastika is recent.

Default altered ek2

another purchase today. I know there is no guarantee of when this was altered but it was cheap and I like it!! however I would appreciate anyones opinions on it and mabe someone can tell the maker, thanks to everyone in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture altered ek2   altered ek2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement altered ek2
    P
    Many

It looks like an EK2 maker 75 converted to an EK1, usually done in the field

I like it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I like it too.

thanks for the info and glad others think the same. it would be nice to know for certain if period done though but it was done a long time ago and I think was field altered, can anyone tell me the makers name.

It certainly has the looks of being done a good while ago...

Quote by ireichit View Post
    thanks for the info and glad others think the same. it would be nice to know for certain if period done though but it was done a long time ago and I think was field altered, can anyone tell me the makers name.
    75 is as yet an unknown maker if indeed it is a 75

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks for the info is there a way you can tell the maker!i am not that good yet and want to try and collect as many different makers as possible.

Quote by ireichit View Post
    thanks for the info is there a way you can tell the maker!i am not that good yet and want to try and collect as many different makers as possible.
    Your answer is in Post #6
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Interesting badge. If done in the field, how did they set the hinge without destroying the blacking finish, I wonder? And why use a soft metal like Copper, when they had an abundance of Steel around? I've seen copper work suspiciously similar to this from Poland. I'm going to go against the tide here and guess that this is an Eastern European repro using a possibly original EKII.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I believe it is old craftmanship. If you zoom in on the photo you clearly see old corrosion. I have seen the same corrosion when i have handled antiques in my younger days.

So if it is a post45 construction, then we look at a highly skilled forger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast