Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Deumer or Latvian Fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse ?

Article about: What do you think of this one? I've made image compilations of authentic Deumers and Latvian fakes to reference in my search, but still have a hard time telling them apart. The beading and f

Default Authentic Deumer or Latvian Fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse ?

What do you think of this one? I've made image compilations of authentic Deumers and Latvian fakes to reference in my search, but still have a hard time telling them apart. The beading and frame are a lot better looking than the last fake I posted, and I've yet to see a fake this frosty, but the date looks a bit suspect to me.

Authentic Deumer or Latvian Fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-25-2023 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Deumer or Latvian Fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse ?
    P
    Many

?

Nothing wrong with this EK, perfectly good, original example in very nice condition. The date is absolutely fine.

There are a few more examples for you to compare to here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian. I'd seen/saved all those pics but was still on the fence. Someone said they focus on the "3"s when evaluating the Latvians and that's what was throwing me off here. I can't tell a difference!

This is the non-magnetic version of the Deumer. Do you know is that rarer, or more common?

?

The Latvian fakes are more about the different shape of frame for me.
    If you look back, Robert added a photo showing the differences in frame profile. The Latvians seem to have straight arms that flare at the ends whereas the Deumer Schinkels have a more graduated flare.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I've asked before, please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)