Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?

Article about: Hi all this is a bit of a follow up post to my previous EK1 which was identified as a Floch fake. Ive contacted the dealer and he has EK1 which he would agree to swap with the fake. However

Default Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?

Hi all this is a bit of a follow up post to my previous EK1 which was identified as a Floch fake. Ive contacted the dealer and he has EK1 which he would agree to swap with the fake. However i am not sure if this is another Floch fake.

If anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?   Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?
    P
    Many

?

I believe this is an original Klein & Quenzer. At least the frame and reverse hardware is reminding me of that maker. Hopefully some other members can confirm or correct me.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I think that this is a good Klein & Quenzer EKI with a C type core after having a quick look in my Maerz & Stimson book.

Ken
    Last edited by Wilko; 05-07-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Yes, it's a good K&Q (PKZ 65).
    Robert

I would also agree that this is an original EK1 and was made by maker Klein & Quenzer. If it is an unmarked cross then it should be an early variant I believe. Some time ago I also picked up one. Mine's is darker and more heavily patinated, but the details of the design on the obverse and the reverse looks very similar at least. I would say that EK1 by Klein & Quenzer is quite common cross but a good choice.

This is the one I have in my collection. Although lighting could be better You still can see design similarities.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an authentic Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?  
    Last edited by Grunwald; 05-07-2024 at 06:39 PM.