Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased

Article about: Was looking at this one, unmarked and I really like the look of it. I don't know how but I can't find the photo I took of the whole back now on my phone, hope what I have is good enough to c

?

Default Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased

Was looking at this one, unmarked and I really like the look of it. I don't know how but I can't find the photo I took of the whole back now on my phone, hope what I have is good enough to confirm my confidence in it, a 2nd opinion would be appreciated.
    I was determined to stick to 2nd class crosses but, well you know what it's like Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse casedEiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse casedEiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse casedEiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased

Help appreciated
    C

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased
    P
    Many

?

It's an original EK Colin and although I don't know much about cases, I like what I can see of this one. Can you get a photo of the reverse from the seller?
    I can't pick up the obverse details on my phone to compare to a maker at the moment so maybe someone else can help with that.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This is a cross B.H. Meyer (PKZ 26, LDO L/18). I don't know anything about the boxes, maybe someone can tell you something.
    Robert

?

It will be interesting to see the pin. Mayer pins tend to flare or belly towards the pointy end where this one looks straight with the wider part towards the hinge.

?

Thanks Robert for the maker ID and Adrian for the help, I don't know why I didn't have a photo of the back but I was looking at quite a few things on the day and maybe just got it wrong, though I don't know why I would photograph the hinge and catch and not the full back. I'll get a pic. anyway to complete the thread.
    Again as always many thanks, much appreciated
    C

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It will be interesting to see the pin. Mayer pins tend to flare or belly towards the pointy end where this one looks straight with the wider part towards the hinge.
    Yes, a photo of the entire pin would be helpful. Was it sometimes not replaced.
    Robert

?

Quote by manclino View Post
    Yes, a photo of the entire pin would be helpful. Was it sometimes not replaced.
    Robert
    That's what I'm wondering. It doesn't look (from these pics) to be a regular Mayer pin.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. It doesn't look (from these pics) to be a regular Mayer pin.
    Maybe more like Deumer (would fit). But the cross itself is B.H. Meyer for sure. I checked.
    Robert

Early Deumer's Pin. Comparison.
    Robert
    Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse casedEiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased

?

Looks likely Robert. The hinge is set higher on Colin's EK which would account for it looking shorter in the catch.
    Hopefully Colin can get a rear photo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast