Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1 by B.H. Mayer (#26)

Article about: Does This Eisernes Kreuz 1 maker marked B.H. Mayer (#26) look Authentic? The price is 350 and I was just wanting to make sure I didn't spend 350 on a fake . Thanks for the help guys!

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1 by B.H. Mayer (#26)

Does This Eisernes Kreuz 1 maker marked B.H. Mayer (#26) look Authentic? The price is 350 and I was just wanting to make sure I didn't spend 350 on a fake .

Thanks for the help guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 by B.H. Mayer (#26)   Eisernes Kreuz 1 by B.H. Mayer (#26)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1 by B.H. Mayer (#26)
    P
    Many

Looks good to me, but wait for more opinions before you spend your Money. The case and Cross are mismatched it appears

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Looks good to me, but wait for more opinions before you spend your Money. The case and Cross are mismatched it appears
    Thanks for the reply. Does the paint look ok? I noticed that some areas are a different color black possible from scraping when being worn? (i know the swastika and 1939 are meant to be different shade of black) Is the discoloration in the cross paint normal? I have read about how some people repaint their iron crosses so i wanted to avoid that..

I see your concern about the bubbling under the paint. Original paint has a flat dull finish.

The number on the pin looks right but the case is from a different maker. Wait for more replies to me it looks good!

Quote by Waffenamt44 View Post
    i know the swastika and 1939 are meant to be different shade of black
    First I've ever heard of this...really don't believe this to be the case.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm not an EK guru but I agree with Glenn 100%

I think this is overpriced with mismatched case. It is a common maker.

From my beginner experience it looks legit. Rounded inner beading and the bottom on the circle in the first "9" being slightly lower than the second "9". Reverse hardware is correct as well.

Second. Can't tell from these photos (or maybe it is the two glasses of Blantons I've just consumed) but has the core been repainted? Or maybe we are just seeing the iron core where the paint has flaked off.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I also agree with Glenn, I have never heard of this before either.

Quote by MAP View Post

Second. Can't tell from these photos (or maybe it is the two glasses of Blantons I've just consumed) but has the core been repainted? Or maybe we are just seeing the iron core where the paint has flaked off.
    That is why I always ask members to save and post their photos in a larger format when looking for information. These small photo make it difficult to help many who post.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by MAP View Post

I think this is overpriced with mismatched case. It is a common maker.

From my beginner experience it looks legit. Rounded inner beading and the bottom on the circle in the first "9" being slightly lower than the second "9". Reverse hardware is correct as well.

Thanks for the reply. Whats a good site to buy Eisernes kreuz from for a reasonable price? I noticed in the states it seems these awards command a higher price then in the UK...

That is also what I was thinking about the paint. It looks like some touch up paint.. I guess i'll just pass and take my time to find a really nice piece. When I rush into buying stuff for my collection in worse condition then I want, I end up regretting it wishing i had waited for a nicer piece. Good things come to those that wait and take their time when collecting.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I also agree with Glenn, I have never heard of this before either.

That is why I always ask members to save and post their photos in a larger format when looking for information. These small photo make it difficult to help many who post.
    Ralph.
    This is what I've seen on a youtube video detailing info on Eisernes Kreuz 1. I'm brand new to collecting this award so my info is probably wrong. Just something I have heard that the swastika and 1939 should not look 100 percent the same color as the background black. There is a great deal of misinformation in this hobby so it's hard for us new collectors to find the truth sometimes...

Sorry guys and thanks for all the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast