MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need help

Article about: Hi everyone, this is one that is going to sell fast and I would like to hear you opinions please. These are the pics from the seller and I want to grab this one if it has a chance as the pri

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need help

Hi everyone, this is one that is going to sell fast and I would like to hear you opinions please.
    These are the pics from the seller and I want to grab this one if it has a chance as the price is pretty good.

I will try to get better pictures in the meantime too

Thanks for looking,
    Nico

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need helpEisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need helpEisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need helpEisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need helpEisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse 1939 - Need help
    P
    Many

As for me its looks like good 98 Rudolf Souval with first pin back version,but please search for info what I provide to you or wait for others to comment as well!

Quote by rolandsfpr View Post
    As for me its looks like good 98 Rudolf Souval
    I agree.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Rolandsfpr, I was just comparing it to a Souval on the forum and realise its not easy with this maker to tell if wartime or not.

- - ------- - -

Thank you Ralph, do you believe it is wartime?

Quote by 3volv3 View Post
    Thank you Ralph, do you believe it is wartime?
    I don't really study crosses but, yes, I do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You have to compare henge and catch to confirm it as I said this looks like first pinback version which should be war time compare it to post war ones and I think you will get your answer!

By the way, Jacques is a good guy to deal with.
    Ralph.

?

get it a good score.

From research I have done some people claim the hinge setup with the flat wire hook, such as this is post war and only the ones with the cutout sheet metal style hook are wartime. I have also heard opinions that these are simply late war, and there is some murkiness as to when exactly they stopped making them. These may be wartime pieces were Souval just kept the production going for a bit after the surrender. Generally, the safest practive with Souval is to get those EKIs that have definitive early war pin/catch setups. Some collectors avoid Souval all together, but they were an important part of Iron Cross production, and in my opinion are part of the Iron Cross history and should not be missing from a collection. I have one with the same setup as in the OPs picture in my collection, my only other advice would be to think of the price when purchasing something like this, I certainly would not pay top dollar for one of these souvals, then I might as well wait for an earlier style. But that is just my take on it.