Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box

Article about: Forum members I have been looking for a minty cased EK1 for awhile now. Still none found to my very picky eyes but I ran across this set and am happy to show my first EK1. A couple photos ar

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box

Forum members

I have been looking for a minty cased EK1 for awhile now. Still none found to my very picky eyes but I ran across this set and am happy to show my first EK1. A couple photos are slightly blurry, sorry. I ran out of time and didn't shoot with a tripod. I hope you enjoy this set as much as I am. A truly welcome addition to the slowly growing collection.

Greenhorn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box  
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 20 Zimmermann with box

Congrats on a lovely set

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I love it, gorgeous, congratulations
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Wow! cardboard carton and all!

Very nice indeed.

/Jonas

?

Superb unissued set Green and the photos aren't bad either! That shiny pin is quite a contrast against the slightly patinated reverse. Please post some all round shots of the outer carton as well if you get time please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you to all that replied

Christina, I also thought it was a lovely set and had to have it. Like you must have felt when you purchased the nice items in your collection

Adrian, any idea why the pin would carry that finish while the rest of the cross patinated? Could it be that it was cased? There is no wobble in the pin when I open and close it, to see the PKZ number. The tolerance is high and I believe the EK is original to the case and box, which puzzles me as to why the pin has the shiny finish to one side. Regardless, it's original and that's all that matters.

I will post some pics of the box, shortly.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Very nice set, cased and boxed. Excellent acquisition!

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Adrian, any idea why the pin would carry that finish while the rest of the cross patinated? Could it be that it was cased? There is no wobble in the pin when I open and close it, to see the PKZ number. The tolerance is high and I believe the EK is original to the case and box, which puzzles me as to why the pin has the shiny finish to one side. Regardless, it's original and that's all that matters.
    It's possible the pin retained the polished finish because it was tight against the bottom of the recess in the case? Less air to circulate around it?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's possible the pin retained the polished finish because it was tight against the bottom of the recess in the case? Less air to circulate around it?
    Adrian, if you're selling it, I'm buying it! LOL Sounds like a viable hypothesis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast