Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?

Article about: Hi i picked this EK1 award up and i believe it to be a WW2 era piece but i was wondering if anyone can confirm this. It has a maker mark of L11, 3 piece construction and has a magnetic core.

Default Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?

Hi i picked this EK1 award up and i believe it to be a WW2 era piece but i was wondering if anyone can confirm this. It has a maker mark of L11, 3 piece construction and has a magnetic core.

Thanks for any input i really appreciate it! (sorry for multiple posts in the one day it has been a busy weekend)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?   Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?  

Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?   Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?  

Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?   Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Authentic to WW2 era?
    P
    Many

?

Floch fake in my opinion. The frame and date and the reverse hardware is a match even down to the L11 mark as opposed to the genuine L/11 mark which is larger. Have a search for Floch on the forum and then take a look at Deumer EK1 and you will see this not an original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes, unfortunately Adrian is right. The notorious first-type Floch. Low and distinctive date, the extremely flat looks of the core, the round inner corners, top of the needle not parallel mirrored but the right upper side is shaped differently, even the damage to the core is typical Floch. This one's core is still all black, but a lot of these come with a little or more typical orange rust. Orange rust usually means newer rust.

I hope you can return the cross. Otherwise: keep it for study. I think most of us have been Floched at least once in their collecting careers? I know I have been. For several years the sunburst screwback version stood in the middle of my EK's as the centerpiece. I was worshiping a false God...

Thank you, yes i will be able to return it next weekend. He has another EK1 i am going to swap this for. I am going to post photos of it before however to make sure it is not another Floch.