Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real

Article about: Need help wanted to see if this one is real or a goo fake, collector is asking \\$600 last time I pick up this very same item it was a very very good copy. thank you for any input

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real

Need help wanted to see if this one is real or a good fake, collector is asking $300 last time I pick up this very same item from a different collector it was a very very good copy. thank you for any input
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real  
    Last edited by rhodesia; 03-10-2022 at 04:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 'clamshell' screw-back fake or real
    P
    Many

From my limited knowledge, there are parts of it that look ok and similar to a Deschler EK1. Some areas of the beading seem to match (especially near the centre).

However, there are also some areas where I think the beading is different, the 12 o'clock arm at the top left and right, I thought that Deschler dies had a sort of overlapping effect with the beading at the pointy bits. But then, I have not seen every type by this maker.

The maker mark on the back looks ok. The clamshell disc is the first I have seen on a Deschler SB, but it looks like it fits ok. Is there any evidence that it's been replaced? Just looks a bit messy at the base.

Other than that, I'm sorry I can't be much help. Just thought I'd chip in as I'm as interested as you are to find out about it. It looks nice, except for that little bit of damage.

Cheers

Jamie

Thank you for the response back, I hate to buy something knowing if its going to be questionable among collectors. I don't think the clam shell goes with this type of EK1 because of the marks around the screw base.

The clamshell looks artificially aged to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)