Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer

Article about: Here is an unmarked Deumer of mine that I like a lot. It doesn't have the flaw at the bottom of the first "9" that some do and has the hardware setup that is referred to as both &q

TWS
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer

Here is an unmarked Deumer of mine that I like a lot. It doesn't have the flaw at the bottom of the first "9" that some do and has the hardware setup that is referred to as both "second type" and "early" in Maerz and Stimson. Curiously, the pin has some file marks and a dent/bend in it. However, the obverse is very presentable.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by DeumerEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by DeumerEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by DeumerEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by DeumerEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer
    P
    Many

A nice example Todd!
    The pin is typical for the unmarked ones, very similar to ones found on C.F. Zimmermann crosses.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Nadelsystem Deumer

Hi, yes it should be a Deumer with the very first needle system. A very early piece. I love the straight needle system
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse by Deumer  

Lovely Deumer in the OP.

Quote by Rosenberg View Post
    Hi, yes it should be a Deumer with the very first needle system. A very early piece. I love the straight needle system
    Your cross is not a good Deumer, Chris!

Nick

Hello Nick, sorry for the late news, but I'm on vacation in Normandy ))) I checked, yes the lower needle suspension is wrong, among other things. I thank you for the information my friend

Hello Nick, is it a mere copy or could it be an unmarked L52? thank you for your time

Quote by Rosenberg View Post
    Hello Nick, is it a mere copy or could it be an unmarked L52? thank you for your time
    This cross is sometimes called the "Stuttgart fake" or "Souval fake", a bad copy unfortunately.

Regards,
    Nick

?

A really lovely cross Todd.
    Ken

TWS
    ?

Thanks Nick and Ken.

I've noticed that the paint on the core of mine is very porous/rough, for lack of a better word, compared to some other Deumers I have examined. I've read there were 3 or even 4 types of paint that were used over the period.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."