Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung

Article about: Hello EK1 collectors, someone would like to swap with me. It's about an EK1 of the blue division. In the case of EK1 DNA, it seems identical to photograph number 3. However, I would need an

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung

Hello EK1 collectors, someone would like to swap with me. It's about an EK1 of the blue division. In the case of EK1 DNA, it seems identical to photograph number 3. However, I would need an expert's approval, since the price is around 1200 €.
    Thank you very much for your effort

If uncensored pictures are desired, I have to request them first ......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung  

Last edited by rbminis; 12-28-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Spanische Fertigung
    P
    Many

From what I have read in various reference books there is some ambiguity with Spanish EKs concerning which ones were made during the war vs shortly after the war for veterans. They are all collectible, but that price would seriously make me hesitate.

Iron Cross prices have certainly been reaching levels of complete absurdity (in my opinion) in the last year or two, but I don't see too many German made Iron Cross variants actually selling for that price. So it seems a bit much for a Spanish EK. Of course this may be some extremely special variant worth more than most German EKs and I am just not aware of it, so hopefully some people who specialize in Spanish EKs can chime in.

I guess I should have purchased the Spanish made EKII I saw for 50 bucks on Telesmanich's site a while back.

yes, you should.

so I see correctly that it is a "doubtful piece" as far as the Spanish version is concerned ????

The point I was making was that I felt the price was a bit steep as I have seen them sell cheaper elsewhere, Helmut Weize notwithstanding.

As for it’s authenticity, it doesn’t exactly seem to match the ones in my reference books. Of course not all variants of every Iron Cross 1st class are listed in those books, so someone else who collects Spanish EKs may know more about the one you are considering.

Thank you for your answer.....Chrish124

Is your answer really worth a lot to me, then I will not consider it ..................