Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse St u L maker marked 4 and l/16

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to show you my latest addition to y EK collection. Its a St u L EK 1 with double stamping. It reads 4 and L/16 (or actually only /16, I guess the stamp has jumped a bit

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse St u L maker marked 4 and l/16

Hi guys,

I would like to show you my latest addition to my EK collection.
    Its a St u L EK 1 with double stamping. It reads 4 and L/16 (or actually only /16, I guess the stamp has jumped a bit)

The cross show some wear, which I don`t mind, despite the rust attack on the 9 o´clock arm, which I do mind
    I guess a little bit of Balistol oil wouldn´t hurt

Hope you like it, I do and it was priced arcordingly
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse St u L maker marked 4 and l/16Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse St u L maker marked 4 and l/16
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-26-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse St u L maker marked 4 and l/16
    P
    Many

Very nice cross unimarc,
    I have seen a few of these crosses and it does appear that they don't hold the black lacquer very well, particularly around the swastika area.

I'm no an expert in these variants but I a sure yours would be designated as the type 'a' because of the markings on the pin

All the best
    Doug

It found a good home, needs some TLC.

@ Doug, I think you're mistaking with an St&L RK.

Regards

Very nice find ;-) Yes, Ballistol, let it work a little bit and use a Q tip gently to remove the liquefied rust, the oiled rust patina should blend in with the remaining black quite well.

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    It found a good home, needs some TLC.

@ Doug, I think you're mistaking with an St&L RK.

Regards
    Hi Nick,
    I'm no expert on EKs but with what I have researched there is a difference with the double marked EK1s by S&L.
    One type has a very crisp and neat double stamping and one has one that is considered to be fairly rough and ready (my terminology)

Still it's a nice example no matter what type it has been designated.

Never have been impressed with any S&L RK.

Interesting that this is the first time I have come across ballistol and it's uses.
    It looks as though I may have to add some of this to my 'chemistry lab'..Thanks

Best regards
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hi Nick,
    I'm no expert on EKs but with what I have researched there is a difference with the double marked EK1s by S&L.
    One type has a very crisp and neat double stamping and one has one that is considered to be fairly rough and ready (my terminology)

Still it's a nice example no matter what type it has been designated.

Never have been impressed with any S&L RK.
    Ah I see, no I thought you were referring to an St&L micro 800 with 'A' -frame aka type 'A'.

Regards

its a nice EK1.

Thanks guys,

Strange they made such a sloppy job stamping the L/16 ?! The 4 stamp is perfect, it seems almost as if they had a bunch of crosses finished with the 4 stamp, and then maybe when the LDO was introduced, they had to re-stamp a lot of crosses FAST ??!!
    Being a jeweller myself, I know one tend to stamp as perfectly as possible, even though it´s on the back :-)

MFG
    Marc

Quote by Saladin View Post

Interesting that this is the first time I have come across ballistol and it's uses.
    It looks as though I may have to add some of this to my 'chemistry lab'..Thanks

Best regards
    Doug
    Ballistol is GREAT stuff, but almost controversial. Has quite a history... Good for metals, wood, leather, I think you can drink it? (Don't quote me on this ;-) Be careful with it around old bluing, it may affect it, or not. The smell is quite strong in the house, to me anyway, I usually get a little cough cough out of it, much much better than using Hoppes No:9 in the house!

Anyway, I like what it does to rust, supposedly formulated to clean barrels from fouling and corrosive powder I imagine.

The spray can is nice, but maybe the LARGE bottle of liquid is a much better deal, go to a vets supply store and get some small syringes to use it for cleaning and lubing firearms.

DO NOT STAB YOURSELF WITH THE SYRINGES!

It happens, don't ask me how I know...

Great stuff!
    I normally use it for my antique black powder guns after shooting and cleaning ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast