Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?

Article about: Good afternoon, saw this up for sale today and was wondering if it seemed to be authentic or not. Very cheap price wondering if that’s because of the condition that it’s in. Makers Mark

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?

Good afternoon, saw this up for sale today and was wondering if it seemed to be authentic or not. Very cheap price wondering if that’s because of the condition that it’s in. Makers Mark seems to be a ‘20’ Carl Friedrich Zimmermann, please let me know what you think! Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?   Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?
    P
    Many

The hinge, pin, maker's mark, and catch all appear to be correct for this maker.
    I don't have enough knowledge to vouch for the frame.
    The condition could very well account for the price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Ralph says, all appears to be pointing towards Zimmermann.

However, unless you were being offered it for the same price as a Chomp bar or similar (other chocolate bars are available), I'd leave it. The '20' marked crosses aren't particularly difficult to track down and most will be in better condition.

Cheers

Jamie

They want 90 bucks for it, I assume that’s a fair price considering 1st class crosses are pretty expensive.

To be honest, if it were me, I'd keep my money and hopefully be able to save towards a decent example.

Yes 90 seems a good price for an EK1. But when it comes to moving it on, it will be a very tough sell. Unless it was to someone who collects ground dug specimens or rusty relics.

Join a couple of forums and keep an eye on dealers sites, sometimes proper bargains do appear. And I kid you not, look at this '20' that I picked up from a guy in the States before Christmas, it cost me $165!!!

Of course, being a Scotsman, under no circumstances does it mean I would sell it on for that haha.

Cheers, Jamie

Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake? Eisernes Kreuz 1st class, real or fake?

I agree with the others. It looks original but it is a relic and as Jamie says these are not of "unicorn" status so unless you do like the relic look I would also put the money into a better piece.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."