Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication

Article about: Hello fellow collectors. I am in need of someone with expert knowledge to determine if this medal is real or not. It has an iron core as shown by the magnetic in one of the images listed bel

Post Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication

Hello fellow collectors.

I am in need of someone with expert knowledge to determine if this medal is real or not.
    It has an iron core as shown by the magnetic in one of the images listed below.
    Thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication   Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication  

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication   Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication  

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication
    P
    Many

?

Original by Rudolf Wachtler & Lange - PKZ 100.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian. Core A or first.
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    I agree with Adrian. Core A or first.
    Robert
    How do you know it's Rudolf Wachtler PKZ !00?
    (I saw the 100 on the ring but is there antging else that shows this?)
    What shows it is? Thanks.

(PS it is on Ebay from a good seller, I see this going normally for $225+ is it worth it to buy for less than $200? thank you if you are able to answer this.)

?

The frame and core characteristics. This maker is one of the easier ones to spot once you know what to look for.
    A couple of pointers. In the circled area on the top right inner corner of the frame, front and back there is an area where the beads look squashed together. Known as a crunch bead frame.
    Also, the top line of beading at the top of the cross has a lot more individual beads.
    You will notice the suspension ring is also attached to a small hump on the top of the frame, not directly to the top frame edge.
    Other makers did this but add the three things together and you get maker 100.
    You also get marked EKs with these features so that's how we know it's from Rudolf Wachtler & Lange.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2 Authetication  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The frame and core characteristics. This maker is one of the easier ones to spot once you know what to look for.
    A couple of pointers. In the circled area on the top right inner corner of the frame, front and back there is an area where the beads look squashed together. Known as a crunch bead frame.
    Also, the top line of beading at the top of the cross has a lot more individual beads.
    You will notice the suspension ring is also attached to a small hump on the top of the frame, not directly to the top frame edge.
    Other makers did this but add the three things together and you get maker 100.
    You also get marked EKs with these features so that's how we know it's from Rudolf Wachtler & Lange.
    Thank you so so much. The ribbon looks smaller than it should be, correct? Is it still worth ($200 or so)???

?

The ribbon is short. Price is subjective. It's in nice condition, some collectors would pay that, in my mind it's top end but not unreasonable for a fairly common EK2.
    You can find them cheaper.

The bid was going at £100 but Ebay removed it but I still have the seller so I could negotiate a decent but not expensive price. Thank you once again. (What do you think you would pay?)

As Adrian wrote about the features characteristic of W&L PKZ 100. If you know what to look for, crosses have no secrets. As for the price. The cross is in good condition but take your time, it is quite popular. For $200 you can probably buy this cross in mint condition with frosting frame. I always recommend patience. I convinced a few and they saved a lot of money.
    Robert