Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hi guys! I'd like to know if this Iron Cross 2nd Class is real or fake. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hi guys!

I'd like to know if this Iron Cross 2nd Class is real or fake. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-23-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

I have corrected the title of your thread for you.
    Please read this thread, which I posted a link to on your introduction thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.

What you have is an original cross made by, and marked with a "44" for the firm of Jakob Bengal
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry for my mistake on the title. It won't happen again.

I think that the ring number is "24", which means the firm "Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-Gold-und Silverschmeide-Innungen", from Hanau

Thanks a lot for your opinion!

Quote by Jaimeneto View Post
    Sorry for my mistake on the title. It won't happen again.

I think that the ring number is "24", which means the firm "Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-Gold-und Silverschmeide-Innungen", from Hanau

Thanks a lot for your opinion!
    I have to disagree, it is definitely a 44.
    You can compare the cross and mark with my "24" posted here.
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, 24
    I personally do not have a "44" to compare yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

IMO it looks like 24 because of wide frame and massive suspension ring,if you compare to Bengel than he used much smaller suspension ring!

Now I'm in doubt... It looks like "44" but the two numbers "4" are not in the same line, not aligned, so it makes think that it can be a "24". But in the other hand, the numers "24" that I could see in others Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, on internet, are a little bit different from the one I have.

If it would be a 24, the numbers are even more out of line than if it is a 44.
    I still believe it is a 44, check the jump ring for any extra markings like my 24.
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, 24
    Ralph.

I agree with Ralph, it looks like a slightly out of line 44.

Well to justify I just send picture to one of our forum members who knows much more about EK2 than me and straight away he said wide frame 24 also mentioned that marking 44 is entirely different ,incuse box with raised numbers!

hi, it should be a 24. It is actually identical to my piece in terms of frame / frame. Are there any additional labels on the side like an acorn?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast