Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Wondering if this is a Frank & Reif "Little Brother' PKZ 12. The date style seems to check out as does the cut inner corners and the "3" of "1813" slightly tilti

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Wondering if this is a Frank & Reif "Little Brother' PKZ 12. The date style seems to check out as does the cut inner corners and the "3" of "1813" slightly tilting to the left. Hoping to confirm with the experts. Thanks. Ron

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-01-2023 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

The cores are very similar but it's not a 'Little Brother'.
    Compare with mine, your will see the frames are a lot thinner on the 'Little Brother' and the inner corner pattern on the frame beading doesn't match.

Little Brother Ubergrosse

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The cores are very similar but it's not a 'Little Brother'.
    Compare with mine, your will see the frames are a lot thinner on the 'Little Brother' and the inner corner pattern on the frame beading doesn't match.

Little Brother Ubergrosse
    Thanks Adrian. Unfortunately I can't seem to get your link to work. I'm at a loss. What would the maker be of the EK2 I posted?

?

That's weird, it's working for me. Have an advanced search for 'Little Brother' and my username and you will see the thread and probably a few others showing these EKs.

That's weird, it's working for me. Have an advanced search for 'Little Brother' and my username and you will see the thread and probably a few others showing these EKs.
    Comparing it to the "Little Brother" I already have, I can see what you mean about the frame beading not matching.

Hi Adrian. I used the advanced search and saw the pictures of your "Little Brother" cross. Yes, I can see the beading does not match this EK2. but does match the "Little Brother" I received recently on the medal bar. Any ideas on the maker of the cross in question? Thanks

?

I'll have a look a bit later if no one else comes in in the meantime with a maker.

I'll have a look a bit later if no one else comes in in the meantime with a maker.
    Thanks. I am certainly realizing how every aspect must be taken into consideration for identification. Are the bead patterns unique to each maker?

?

No, not at all.

Some makers are easy to identify because their frames and cores are unique to them.

Others have several different components. Klein and Quenzer for example have five different core types. Then you have collaboration between makers, Juncker and Wachtler & Lange can be found with a mix of frames and cores.

Then you have EKs marked with the L/14 LDO number for Friedrich Orth that use frames from Souval and cores from Schenkl.

And then there is Steinhauer & Luck who supplied frames to several manufacturers.

There are so many layers and levels of understanding to get to grips with and it's an ever evolving situation.

EKs that were once thought of as being fake can now be traced to a maker, makers that were once thought not to produce EKs now have crosses identified to them.

There are also other crosses that are original that can't be traced to a maker.

Hi Ron,
    Not all crosses with cut inner corners are F&R PKZ 12. Cut inner corners are common on AdGGuS PKZ 25. But, this cross is an early G. Brehmer PKZ 13 from the so-called a pebbled core. They had the date of the reverse slightly skewed to the left and often the frame of the obverse or reverse was rotated by 180 degrees. Note that this one has a reverse frame.
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast