Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early Prototype

Article about: Finally getting around to posting this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" that I picked up last year. This is one of the favorites in my collection so far. Believe

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early Prototype

Finally getting around to posting this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" that I picked up last year. This is one of the favorites in my collection so far. Believed to be a very early prototype cross associated with Otto Schickle. Described on page 659-660 of Bochynski's book. Ron

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early PrototypeEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early Prototype
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early PrototypeEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early Prototype

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Einzelspange "Coral Frame" Early Prototype
    P
    Many

I love these rare, early crosses, averse to all regulations or pre-regulations. What a nice addition to the collection, congrats with that!

Top Banana when it comes to desireable for me. A friend on mine captured a coral frame EK1 earlier this year so it is good to see it in the 2nd Class form.

You have made a really good habit of finding outstanding rarities

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Top Banana when it comes to desireable for me. A friend on mine captured a coral frame EK1 earlier this year so it is good to see it in the 2nd Class form.

You have made a really good habit of finding outstanding rarities
    Thanks Jamie. Definitely a favorite piece of mine. I was fortunate to find several incredible sources last year. That along with my recent semi retirement has allowed me to "jump start" a collection I wish I had started years ago. Ron

?

It's a very seldom seen EK, I can't ever remember seeing one for sale. You did well to add it to your collection.
    I do wonder how many of these have been thrown away or discarded as fakes over the years though.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's a very seldom seen EK, I can't ever remember seeing one for sale. You did well to add it to your collection.
    I do wonder how many of these have been thrown away or discarded as fakes over the years though.....
    Thanks Adrian. I shudder to think of what could have been thrown away or discarded. Yes ones like this and the "straight 9" for example rarely show up for sale. Still hoping a nice Schinkel B and Godet mm21 will cross my path. Waiting on ones I won't ever need to upgrade. My collection over the last year and a half has grown to just under 100 EK2's. I definitely need an intervention!