Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 8

Article about: Hi In many of the forums where EK2s are mentioned, I have rarely seen those marked with the manufacturer 8. This has always led me to doubt whether my EK2 is original or not. Of course, it w

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 8

Hi

In many of the forums where EK2s are mentioned, I have rarely seen those marked with the manufacturer 8.

This has always led me to doubt whether my EK2 is original or not. Of course, it was sold to me as an original, but it is rare that it is mentioned very rarely and I have never seen another with this manufacturer for EK2

What is your opinion?

Last edited by rbminis; 04-29-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse marked 8
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It is an accepted original by the maker Ferdinand Hofstädter .
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry Ralph, but no. Only L/19 EK1 from this maker, there are no known EK2 from Hofstätter.

The cross in the OP is an original from the maker '106' - Brüder Schneider, but with a fake added marking.....

Regards,
    Nick