MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker?

Article about: Hoping to get some expert help on this one. But still so new to collecting, I'm not familiar enough with Eisernes Kreuz especially regarding the Schinkleforms and Non Magnetic crosses. I kno

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker?

Hoping to get some expert help on this one. But still so new to collecting, I'm not familiar enough with Eisernes Kreuz especially regarding the Schinkleforms and Non Magnetic crosses. I know being magnetic is usually an indication of authenticity so a non magnetic one kind of scares me. This one is advertised as an unmarked non magnetic Schinkleform on an early medal bar. Hoping someone might be able to know if it is authentic, and of course the maker. Also wondering about the suspension loop at the top of the cross. Does it look like it has been repaired or does it look normal. Would really appreciate knowing what I am up against before committing to a purchase. Thanks.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker? Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker?
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-16-2023 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker?
    P
    Many

I am pretty new at this but I am thinking that this is non magnetic Deumer Schinkel (PKZ 3). I leave it up to the experts to steer me in the right direction if I am incorrect. Thanks.

As described above Shockwave is the original early Schinkel W. Deumer PKZ 3, non-magnetic cross.
    Robert

?

The suspension loop is absolutely fine. I guess your query was because of the area to each side of the ring is a slightly different colour?
    If so, it's just where the frame still retains frosting. The loop was attached to the frame, the frame dipped in the frosting and the edges of the frame polished. The polisher wouldn't be able to get close to the loop without damaging it so they got close and the frosting around the loop is just evidence of how close they got.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

And one more photo for confirmation.
    Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. A Non Magnetic Schinkleform. Maker?  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The suspension loop is absolutely fine. I guess your query was because of the area to each side of the ring is a slightly different colour?
    If so, it's just where the frame still retains frosting. The loop was attached to the frame, the frame dipped in the frosting and the edges of the frame polished. The polisher wouldn't be able to get close to the loop without damaging it so they got close and the frosting around the loop is just evidence of how close they got.
    Yes my concern was the different colour, but now it makes sense. Thanks Adrian

Quote by manclino View Post
    And one more photo for confirmation.
    Robert
    Another great historical picture Robert! Thanks

Ron

?

A great looking cross

Ken