Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"

Article about: Long time since my last TR acquisition, but I couldn't resist her charmes. She has been on my wish list since I first saw Adrian's and Nick's (Woolgar's) example back in 2011. Hope you like

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"

Long time since my last TR acquisition, but I couldn't resist her charmes. She has been on my wish list since I first saw Adrian's and Nick's (Woolgar's) examples back in 2011.

Hope you like her too, all comments welcome of course....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"
    P
    Many

She looks a beauty Nick!
    Congrats!
    Please explain why it is called the "odd date variant".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

She's a stunner Nick

It certainly is the oddest of dates!

Congrats

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant"  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse "Odd date variant" 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

An interesting thread from Adrian on these:

The Odd EK2.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Gents!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please explain why it is called the "odd date variant".
    The dates have a unique font to them, some collectors like it (including me) and others do not. It's also one of the few EKs from which the hersteller is still unknown, for those reasons it was called the 'Odd date variant'.

Regards,
    Nick

Very nice Nick, very difficult to find.

/Jonas

Beautiful in all it's frosted goodness Bob

Bravo Nick, long time no see, hope you are well, regards, Juan

Well Done Nick...exceptional
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Jonas, Bob, Juan and Larry!

Best regards,
    Nick