Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fake

Article about: Hi everyone, this Eisernes Kreuz is coming up on a local auction. From the first look it seemed odd to me, with closer inspection the swastika is off centre. I already have my doubts but wou

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fake

Hi everyone, this Eisernes Kreuz is coming up on a local auction. From the first look it seemed odd to me, with closer inspection the swastika is off centre.
    I already have my doubts but would really appreciate any further comments on this one.

Thank you for looking
    Nico

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fakeEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fakeEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fake
    P
    Many

?

Not too keen on this one. The date is very odd and the overall shape is weird. I would say copy. But wait for other comments.

Is there picture from a side so you can see is it from one piece or 3 pieces?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Iron Cross 2nd Class - EK1-DNA also might help !

?

Hi Rolandsfpr, unfortunately these are the only photos listed. These auctions are not run by people who understand what collectors need to see.

?

I've been looking through the EK2 DNA database.

Still struggling to find a core with the same type of numbers used (although the Friedrich Linden regular Schinkel comes closest).
    And the general frame shape is very similar to the "straight arms" version.

Could this cross have any chance of being an original?

For me it is hard to tell!Shame that you cant even see a LDO or maker number if it has on the ring!

?

I believe I have found who this maker is (thanks to Nick Hessen's post in 2017 - Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse maker question )

It's unfortunately a post war Souval. Comparing cross shape and same numbering.

Quote by 3volv3 View Post
    I believe I have found who this maker is (thanks to Nick Hessen's post in 2017 - Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse maker question )

It's unfortunately a post war Souval. Comparing cross shape and same numbering.
    Good on you for researching this yourself!
    I am not very proficient with crosses, but I believe the one in the thread you posted a link to has a different "1", and the swastikas are different.
    The swastika on yours has quite straight edges, while the other one has slightly beveled edges.
    Of course, this is in my opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph, to me the "1" looks the same, even the slight slant at the bottom of the 1 is the same.
    To me the lines on the inside corners that seem to divide them in half are also almost the same on the obverse and reverse. (I have not seen those lines on other examples).

Really appreciate your input Ralph, I still have much to learn

?

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fakeEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse possible fake