Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for review

Article about: Hello everyone, I picked up this Iron cross second class which I know very little about. Awards aren't really my thing but I've probably thought about having one of these since watching Cros

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for review

Hello everyone,

I picked up this Iron cross second class which I know very little about. Awards aren't really my thing but I've probably thought about having one of these since watching Cross of iron as a kid. Just want to make sure its ok and wondering if anyone can tell me who the manufacturer is.

Thanks

Alex
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for reviewEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for review
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-08-2023 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Are 5here any markings on the suspension ring?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

No markings that I can see

Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is an interesting Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse of the early production of Gustav Brehmer PKZ 13. Please pay attention to the surface of the core, it seems to be rough. Hence the name "pebble core". It looks better under light. As a curiosity, I will add that often in these crosses one of the halves of the frame was rotated 180 degrees. The surface of the core and an example of such a rotated frame in the attachment.
    Robert

?

Thanks for the informative response Robert. It's good to be able to link a manufacture to it.