Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Ribbon Question

Article about: I have a ribbon that came with one of my Iron Crosses 2nd class, that is slightly wider than all the others. It is approximately 33mm wide, whereas all the others are generally between 29.5m

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Ribbon Question

I have a ribbon that came with one of my Iron Crosses 2nd class, that is slightly wider than all the others. It is approximately 33mm wide, whereas all the others are generally between 29.5mm to 31mm. The stitching loops along the edge are also quite pronounced on this one. Since EK ribbons were made by many different makers, I expect there to be some slight variation but this one stands out from the rest.

It seems authentic otherwise, doesn't glow, passes burn test, under high magnification the stitching looks ok. It is just a ribbon, but I would prefer not to have a reproduction in my collection. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Ribbon Question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Ribbon Question
    P
    Many

They also had different uses, ribbon bars, parade mounts etc. so I expect that some variations may have been caused by this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)