Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form

Article about: Well I've seen this EKII for sale and have been doing a lot of research regarding the authenticity and maker. I am pretty sure now that it is a genuine period EKII but as my normal area of c

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form

Well I've seen this EKII for sale and have been doing a lot of research regarding the authenticity and maker.

I am pretty sure now that it is a genuine period EKII but as my normal area of collecting is Imperial EK's I need a little help.

Having looked and searched on the forum am I correct in my identification of the cross being a Meybauer Schinkel form cross.

I really appreciate any help or insight that you may impart.

Thanks in advance
    Ken

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form

Last edited by rbminis; 03-12-2023 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form
    P
    Many

?

Nice original Meybauer Schinkel.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you Adrian, I have been thinking about this one for a little while and have just jumped in.

Ken

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

How could I forget. In a rush as usual. Sorry for that Ralph

Ken

?

Thought I would add my own pictures of this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Schinkel form and as a further apology use the correct terminology.

Now I have it in hand it is a real beauty, I simply love this Schinkel form EK, for me these are the perfect design for the 1939 EK.

all the best
    Ken

A very nice cross Ken, congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph,

Ken

A Schinkel is also on my shopping list. What are the obvious warning signs of fakes to look out for?

?

It depends on the quality of the fake.
    My advice has always been, learn what an original looks like and study them, learn each maker's characteristics and the fakes will become obvious.
    It's far easier to learn about the relatively few original types of Schinkel than try and identify every type of fake.
    If you want a Schinkel and find one for sale, get decent photos and then test yourself against examples posted here.
    Post it for opinions and go from there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast